Gambling is when a person risks money or something of value in a bet (or in a game) in a hope that he will win money or a prize worth greater than his initial deposit. Now lees het artikel to know more about it! Gambling has a diverse form of varieties including arcade games, sports betting, scratch cards, lotteries, roulette machines and some free to play online games. While some of these still took place hand-to-hand others have been evolved in a virtual way known as Online Gambling.
Targeting the vulnerable –
Online advertising composes a data matching process driven by artificial intelligence and machine learning which mostly targets people having partially addictive behaviour, have low socio-economic standing, are unemployed, and having debt issues. You can lees het artikel and get all the details within. The process makes it likely that those advertisements hunt the vulnerable and the children.
Hidden advertising –
There are numerous occasions where an Influencer, social media activist, YouTuber, encourages his followers to bet or to play a game or a quiz in an Online Gambling website or app. Take an instance where a celebrity brags about a prize or a huge sum they made in a gamble, it may be unclear whether he had won it or have been paid by a gambling operator to do so.
A game of Skins –
Popular games like Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CS: GO), Defence of the Ancients (DOTA), Player Unknown Battlegrounds (PUBG) features skins (add-ons that can be bought to customize the character, weapons etc.)
Are these warning signs?
The problems that are most common to a gambler person are –
- A low mood or feeling of anxiety: According to a survey, youth addicted to gambling confesses that gambling relieves their sense of helplessness and depression.
- Stealing money: In research, it is found that around 22% of children that gamble online had once stolen money from their parents.
- Appearing occupied: Young people that are at the start of the addiction find themselves pre-occupied. They disconnect themselves from society and neglect chores from home and school.
Tips for parents
- Before allowing your young-ones to play games or browse the internet, set rules on which site he can visit and which he can’t.
- Impose hard punishments when they oppose a rule so that they can get to know that you mean business.
- You have to keep a clean eye on them so that you can monitor their interactions on different websites.
- Monitor your Credit cards and cash money for any unknown deductions from the accounts.
Clearly, Online Gambling is not an innocent way for entertainment to children, but a clear gateway to addiction.